National Assessment Programs
HSO proudly supports countries wishing to establish a national or regional health services assessment system. We will work with you to co-create a health care assessment program, based on one of HSO’s existing assessment program frameworks or design a new one tailored specifically to your needs with the goal of continuously improving quality and patient safety for the people that count on you.
HSO works with governments to develop all required aspects of their assessment program including standards, automation tools and training. We often support the implementation of the program, as needed.
The Lebanese National Accreditation Program
In 2010, HSO partnered with the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), Lebanon to improve quality across the continuum of care in Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs) and build MOPH’s capacity in planning and implementing assessment programs that fit their local jurisdictions.
The project included:
- the inception of the Lebanese National Accreditation Program
- development of the National Lebanese Primary Care Standards
- capacity building of PHCCs on accreditation and quality improvement in health care
- training of more than 40 national surveyors
- readiness assessment surveys of 108 PHCCs
- the completion of 35 PHCC accreditation surveys to date
Learn more about how HSO and the MOPH are working together to advance quality care.
Ministry of Public Health Qatar
In August 2013, HSO was retained by the Ministry of Public Health in Qatar to support the development of the National Health Facilities Licensing and Accreditation Program for the entire continuum of care in Qatar. The goal of the program was for organizations to start with foundational licensing, and build capacity to advance to the highest level of accreditation.
The project included:
- the development of new processes and protocols for licensing facilities
- establishment of a national accreditation program based on the Qmentum accreditation program
- building capacity of the project team
- capacity building for surveyors and inspectors to be able to evaluate healthcare facilities against the protocols and standards
Click here for more information from the MOPH on the project.
Contact us to learn more about how HSO can help you build a national assessment program in your jurisdiction.