In 2020 we celebrate a special milestone: We published our 10th National Standard of Canada.
Health Standards Organization (HSO) is the only Standard Development Organization in Canada solely dedicated to developing health and social service standards.
The designation of a standard as a National Standard of Canada indicates that it is recognized as the official Canadian standard in a particular subject area or topic by the Standards Council of Canada.
Our ten National Standards of Canada:
- (Allied) Health Education Program (CAN/HSO 40001:2020)
- Access to Health and Social Services in Official Languages (CAN/HSO 11012:2018)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (CAN/HSO 5030:2020)
- Diagnostic Imaging Services (CAN/HSO 42002:2019)
- Leadership (CAN/HSO 2001:2020)
- Medication Management (CAN/HSO 3001:2019)
- Medication Management for Community-Based Organizations (CAN/HSO 34014:2019)
- Palliative Care Services (CAN/HSO 13001:2020)
- Primary Health Care Services (CAN/HSO 34015:2020)
- Virtual Health (CAN/HSO 83001:2018)
HSO’s National Standards of Canada provide organizations with greater assurance that our standards are innovative, capture the voice of all Canadians, and provide world-class care to all.
We wish to thank our technical committee members, working group members and all those who contributed to the public review of these National Standards of Canada.
Your feedback and expertise continue to help shape the future of health services around the world and expand the reach of HSO’s People Powered Health movement.