From October 4-7, 2021, attendees will come together virtually to share and learn about ‘Co-designing for health and wellbeing with individuals and communities’ at the first-ever North American international conference on integrated care (NACIC). Organized by the International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC), the conference will bring together “leaders, researchers, clinicians, managers, citizens, patients and caregivers from around the world who are engaged in the design and delivery of integrated health and social care.“
Learn about this upcoming conference and how you can attend sessions led by Health Standards Organization (HSO) and Accreditation Canada (AC):
- #NACIC21 is a patients-included conference. Health Standards Organization (HSO) and Accreditation Canada (AC) are proud to sponsor patients and families to attend, which means registration is complimentary for patients and families. Learn more how the NACIC conference achieves a Patients Included designation.
- The NACIC conference tracks have been organized around IFIC’s nine pillars of integrated care. Conference sessions will be organized around the following themes:
AC and HSO are proud to participate at NACIC. Please join us for the following sessions where we will present on the world’s first standard on integrated, people-centred care and the Improving Integrated Care for Youth (IICY) Initiative:
Monday, October 4
1. Monday, 1:45-3:00pm EST, Concurrent sessions A – Breaking Barriers in Implementation and Integration of the Health Policy System.
Curious about Canadian policy and integrated care? Join panelist and HSO Executive Lead Patricia Sullivan-Taylor who will speak to “Canadian Policy Context – Driving the Design of an Integrated People-Centred Health Systems Standard and Implementation Tools.”
Tuesday, October 5
2. Tuesday, 10:00-10:45am EST Pre-conference Sessions A
“So you want to build an integrated care pathway?” Join Project Manager Samantha Laxton and teammates for an #integratedcare workshop about “Co-designing the ‘how to guide’ with people and communities” and learn lessons from the ongoing Improving Integrated Care for Youth (IICY) Initiative.
3. Tuesday, 11:00-12:30pm EST Plenary 2 – Meaningful partnerships with patients, families and communities
Looking forward to what looks to be a very interesting conversation on co-designing for health and wellbeing individuals and “working together to become a high-performing healthcare system:”
4. Tuesday, 1:15-2:30pm EST Concurrent Sessions C, Developing Leadership and Governance for integrated care
Join the “Developing Leadership and Governance for integrated care” session and learn about “Implementing Integrated Care: Moving away from Project Management to Adaptive Learning.”
5. Tuesday, 3:00-4:15pm EST, Concurrent Sessions D
Leave with a “personalized plan of how to build people-centred care practices into your quality improvement initiative.” Join our Patient Partnership Office for a patient-led workshop on “Partnering with Purpose: How to Build People-Centred Care into your Next Quality Improvement Initiative. Introduction by AC and HSO CEO Leslee J. Thompson.
6. Digital Poster
Visit our e-poster, where you’ll learn about “Understanding Your Integration Journey: Overview and Lessons Learned from the HSO Integrated Care Assessment Tool.