February 10, 2017 (Ottawa) – Health Standards Organization (HSO) today, took a historic step toward quality health services for all.
HSO is recruiting patients and families, clinicians and policy-makers to join eight new Standards Technical Committees. The recruits will work with HSO to build world-leading health standards and assessment programs that enable people in their local jurisdictions save and improve lives in the following priority areas:
- Integrated Health Services
- Medication Management
- Indigenous Health
- Primary Health Care
- Mental Health and Addictions
- Care in the Community and Home
- Technology-Enabled Health
- Assessment Methodologies
Members of HSO’s Technical Committees (TCs) and Working Groups (WGs) will help drive the standards development process and ensure that all points of view relating to a new standard or a proposed standard revision are represented.
If you’re a patient, clinician, policy-maker or someone with a real stake in a particular area of health care delivery, you can get involved and make your voice heard. Made up of 16 members each, TCs will review and improve HSO standards across the continuum of health and care, in Canada and around the world.
HSO is putting people at the heart of everything we do. We are on the move and building a movement; unleashing the power and potential of people around the world who share our passion for achieving quality health services for all.
Interested in helping HSO shape the future of health care globally? Apply to join a committee or learn more here: Standards Technical Committee Recruitment
- HSO is launching its first-ever call for members of eight newly struck Technical Committees centred on the areas listed above.
- Applications will be accepted until March 13, 2017.
- HSO offers more than 100 customizable standards that work to improve health care and social services globally.
- HSO develops and delivers global standards and innovative assessment programs, and the tools and services needed to bring them to life in local jurisdictions around the world.
- In 2016, HSO’s programs and services were implemented in more than 50 jurisdictions on five continents directly by clients or via affiliates, including Accreditation Canada.
HSO and AC Media Relations
1-800-814-7769 ext. 410