HSO 2001:2019 (E) Leadership for Health Services Standard – Public Review
The public review of HSO’s revised Leadership for Health Services Standard is taking place between August 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019.
Summary of changes
HSO 2001:2019(E) Leadership for Health Services Standard is the most recent revision of HSO’s Leadership Standard. The revision is led by HSO Leadership Working Group under the oversight of HSO TC002 Leadership and Governance Technical Committee. Overall development of the standard is under the authority of the HSO Standards Steering Committee.
The revised standard:
- Includes an updated title to provide more clarity on the scope of the standard
- Specifies the responsibilities of management and leadership functions of health and social services organizations that enable the delivery of safe and quality care
- Applies to health and social services organizations across the continuum of care and aims to support and integrated approach within and beyond the boundaries of the organization
- Addresses present-day leadership needs and priorities of health and social services organizations
- Incorporates people centred care principles and language and is inclusive of clients and families throughout the leadership activities of the organization in a meaningful and purposeful manner
- Uses standardized auxiliary verbs to provide clarity in interpretation of criteria
- Includes several updated criteria including organizational responsibilities in evidence-informed decision making, transparency, innovation, risk management and environmental sustainability
- Contains the following normative references:
- HSO 5010:2018 – Client Identification
- HSO 5044:2018 – Workplace Violence Prevention
- HSO 5043:2018 – Preventive Maintenance Program
- HSO 5041:2018 – Patient Safety: Education and Training
- HSO 5040:2018 – Client Flow
- HSO 5002:2018 – Patient Safety Incident Management
- HSO 5001:2018 – Patient Safety Incident Disclosure
- HSO 5013:2018 – Medication Reconciliation as a Strategic Priority
- HSO 5003:2018 – Patient Safety Quarterly Reports
The technical content of the standard is divided as follows:
- Creating and sustaining a caring culture
- Planning and designing services
- Allocating and managing resources
- Managing and monitoring safety
The standard provides:
- Organizations with the required responsibilities of management and leadership functions to provide safe and quality care
- Policy makers with a blueprint for the requirements to designate an organization’s leadership capabilities in their jurisdictions
- External assessment bodies with measurable requirements to include in assessment programs
- Clients and families with information about what they can expect from organizations in their community, and the ways in which they can become involved in the leadership of the organization
This standard will be undergoing periodic maintenance. HSO will review and publish this standard on a schedule not to exceed five years from the date of publication.
Tell us what you think
We are asking those who have an interest in this standard, such as people who have used related services, service providers or others that have expertise in this area, for their views on the proposed revised standard.
There is one main question in the public review document. We are not asking questions about every requirement or criteria, but we do welcome your comments on any or all aspects of the standard. When answering the questions, please keep in mind that the standard may apply globally. We may retain jurisdiction specific comments for local guidelines.
Our public review is open for 60 days. We would appreciate your feedback on the proposed changes. The public review is open until midnight on September 30, 2019.
The simplest way to respond is to follow the link at the bottom of this page, read a summary of the changes, and provide your feedback in the questionnaire that follows.
For more information, questions or concerns regarding the standards, please contact us at email@example.com